Thursday, April 19, 2012

My imovie: A Journey Across the Pond

I recently created my very first movie in the Mac program called imovie. This was one of the most fun activities I think I have completed this semester in TPTE 486. 

What did go well- I did not really know a lot about the program prior to the introduction of what imovie was all about. I found it extremely helpful to follow the directions on the step by step plan laid out in our manual for this project. I was very happy that I was able to come up with a theme for the imovie based upon my experience in Europe a couple summers ago. It was very easy to put the photos in the program by dragging and dropping. I found it quite easy to use the Ken-Burns effects with my pictures as well. The cropping was very easy to accomplish as well. I was very happy to use some songs from the itunes sound files for my video that both sounded very European with the soft piano ballads. I think the music added a nice affect to the overall outcome of the video.

What did not go well- I followed the step by step guiding tour through the program and the only discrepancy I found between Dr. O'Bannon's instructions and the manual was the step in the manual that said we had to change the resolution of every picture to before inputting the photos into the imovie program. I did this as the directions stated trying to get ahead and the next class day Dr. B sad that the resolution should be fine if we took the pictures from a digital camera, which is what I had done. I got all of my photos from my personal collection. This little sidetrack was fixed in a few moments as I had to go back in and restore my pictures with the original resolutions so that my photos did not look grainy or distorted.  

What could have gone better- I thought that the next time I did an imovie I would name the pictures with the lower cased letters and an underscore separating the words with no problem for easy identification. I will also not change the resolution of my photos if they are taken from my camera. I can easily upload them into imove and it will work out perfectly. 
 

Here is the video I created about my study abroad trip to England in the summer of 2009. I created this movie in the imovie software for Macs.

No comments:

Post a Comment