Thursday, February 9, 2012

Audioboo-Web 2.0

Audioboo was the web 2.0 tool that my partner and I researched. It is used as a platform that allows you to record and share audio for your friends, family, or the rest of the world to hear. This is a free application for smartphones and it is internet based for computers. All you have to do is create an account and start creating boos. Audioboo can be used in any curriculum area. Students can create boos to display any new knowledge or learning. The following are different examples of how Audioboo can be utilized in the classroom: create oral study guides, allow students to create a boo of a song they find interesting or intriguing, record students performing solo singing, create a boo with homework tasks etc...

In my classroom I would utilize the Audioboo website, I would make sure that all of my students could create an account and make the group private for our boos only. This is made possible through the element in Audioboo that allows people to be followers of your boos through communication networks or just through Audioboo itself. I would use this useful application to record school concerts and performances for the class to listen to and critique. I could test listening comprehension and ear training skills with boos, and I could also record the text of any choral piece with the correct pronunciation and post it to my boos. I could record any lectures that I may give and post them online for the class to listen to. This would be useful for students that might have been present in class but might have needed a refresher, or if they were absent they could stay up to date on classroom discussions and activities. My students could create boos of commentary about exciting events from our choir tours as well, and I am sure there are many other ways one can use a boo for music. In a music classroom auditory learning is constantly taking place.

 I was very pleased with this web 2.0 tool. I have already created my first boo in my Advanced Studies Music Education class as I recorded the lecture given by my professor during class. I think my partner and I can navigate around in the Audiboo tool quite easily now and I am anxious to tell the TPTE 486 class about our new fun tool. Thanks for taking the time to read about my discovery of Audioboo and how I will use this program in my music education classroom.

 Audioboo

No comments:

Post a Comment