Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scavenger Hunt for Art on the UT Knoxville Campus

Caitlin Hammer and I were recently given the opportunity to take part in a scavenger hunt to find art in many different lines in nature on the University of Tennessee campus here in Knoxville. What went well-We found many different examples of the various types of lines in park benches, windows, road markings, trees, railings, and on the cement pavement. We ended up not having a problem with collecting pictures of our examples and we were ready to upload them to the computer in our classroom in about 30 minutes. Caitlin uploaded the pictures to her email and she sent them to me via email, and my task was to upload the pictures to Picasa web albums and make a slideshow out of the pictures with descriptive captions describing what we had discovered. What did not go well- When I uploaded the pictures to my desktop I named them with the first letter of the title capitalized before realizing that all of the titles needed to be lowercase. So I went ahead and added them to Picasa but then I had to go back and change the titles of the pictures to lower case so that they were in the proper format for the assignment. What we could have changed- Other than the title mess up there wasn't anything that I thought we could have changed to make the project better. It was a fun experience and I'd love to do another scavenger hunt in the future. How will I use this in my classroom- I plan to use the Picasa web albums as I will take pictures of my choirs at their performances and concerts and make them into a slideshow and make them visible at parent teacher conferences and open houses for parents to see their children in action on the stage. I will also take pictures when we are on tour and make slideshows for my students to have as well. Picasa web album: Slideshow Google Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment